Friday, June 17, 2011

6/20: My Interior Design Hopes and Dreams

As an architect, my education focused on designing buildings as a whole and did not deal with a building's interior surfaces, materials or furnishings.  My Interior Design courses have revealed a new world to me.  A world of vibrant color, textures and new materials such as fabrics, paints and countertop materials.  I hope my studies in interior design will make me a more sensitive and versatile designer.  I dream of applying my new knowledge and appreciation to my own house and to the spaces of others. 

I see myself, after retirement from my project management career, either joining a small firm or starting my own one-person business and combining architectural and interior design skills to provide excellent small scale design.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment