Monday, June 20, 2011

6/27: When I Began Loving Interior Design

Although I can't honestly say that I "love" Interior Design, I am very interested in it and want to become a lot more proficient in it.  I registered at the last minute (on the first day of classes) for an Interior Design course when a CAD course I signed up for got cancelled.  The course (Material and Methods for Interior Design), which I signed up for on a whim, turned out to be very interesting.  For the first time I was spending a lot of time selecting interior surface materials and colors.  The challenge was to not only select materials suitable for the intended uses of the surfaces but to select colors that would create a pleasing and appropriate palette for the space.  I have continued this exploration with a course in textiles (another eye-opener), one in Kitchen and Bathroom design and now one in portfolio development and visual presentation methods.

No comments:

Post a Comment